Sunday, December 19, 2010

Surgery for Bear

The other day I couldn't find Madilyn. I knew she was in the house but she was too quiet. As I searched the house, I heard her in the playroom. I was curious as to what she was doing so I did not disturb her at first. She had rearranged her playroom. In the middle of the floor was an operating table complete with sheets covering it. Then her favorite bear was lying on his stomach. Her doctors kit was lying beside the table.

Very calmly she was telling her bear that he would be ok. "I will take good care of you" said Madilyn (bear was having spinal surgery.......and Madilyn was Dr. Fields).

I stood and watched her for several minutes before she realized I was there. I had tears running down my face when she looked at me. I asked how her bear was and she replied...."he is going to be fine!".

We then shared a hug....a long hug....and she turned and went back to what she was doing and I headed back to the kitchen. My heart was heavy at first because I knew that she was thinking about her upcoming surgery and then it was lightened because she found a way to process it all.

I am blessed because I am Madilyn's Mom.

I hope that each of you have a Merry Christmas! May the blessing of peace and love fill your homes during this most magical time of the year. Since next Saturday is Christmas, I will not post again until January 1st.

Best Wishes!
Jill

2 comments:

HennHouse said...

I'll admit to tears, too.

What a wonderful child she is. And what an amazing mom you are. Thank you for sharing your life. I hope you have an idea what joy it gives to others.

The Forest Minstrel said...

What a joy and what an amazing little girl! Thank you for sharing.
(Psalm 13:5,6)