Sunday, December 5, 2010

"Believe as a child believes...and the magic will find you!"
The face says it all.....

It has been a busy week at the Fields house. We have been busy decorating and finishing our preparations for a wonderful holiday season. A week ago I shared my thoughts about fretting over things I can not control....like the fact that Spina Bifida does not take a holiday.....EVER! But, as you can see from the picture above....Madilyn usually takes it all in stride.

This week is full of important appointments. We will be off to appointments that can not wait till after the holidays.....even if Madilyn would have it be otherwise.

Monday she will be having her 14th MRI and it will be the 21st time that she has been put asleep. Those numbers can be overwhelming to say out loud. But, this is just apart of Madilyn's journey. This MRI will be extensive. If we don't get out of Radiology in time....we will come back to Children's on Wednesday to see our Neurosurgeon. Thursday brings us to an appointment with our Orthopedic Surgeon and to see if he has come up with a plan for a broken foot that is not healing. As much as I would like to say that her foot is looking better...it is not.

Our goal is to keep the Christmas Spirit alive even if things are a little challenging right now. I am grateful for the blessings that fill our home. I am grateful for the opportunity to be Madilyn's Mom.

I will post an update next week. It is our wish that each of you have a wonderful Holiday Season!


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I am right there with you on SB not taking holidays... hence I am reading this AFTER the first of the year! And I don't think I have blogged in over 3 weeks! BUT I hope and pray that these things got resolved for you, and want you to know that you are not alone in this strange journey called SB ! Hugs :)