Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Homecoming


We're home!

In fact, we've been home for about 2 weeks, and I couldn't be happier about it. Those 18 days in the hospital were way too long...and way too hard. I always felt like I was in the wrong place. If I was with Brooklyn, I missed the girls and felt so guilty. If I was with the girls, my heart ached to hold my baby. Thankfully, all 5 of us are under one roof now -- just like it should be.


I have to apologize to all of you for not posting the last few weeks. I really don't have a good excuse other than I've been tired and passing out on the couch every night.

I have had a lot to reflect on -- and there is a lot of raw emotion I am still sorting out -- but this week I thought I'd keep it simple and just share a video that I took the day we went to pick up Brooklyn from the hospital. We surprised our girls after they woke up from their naps and told them the news. As you will see, their reaction is pure joy.

I am so glad we took the time to record this moment. It only confirms that in the midst of life's challenges, family is all that matters. Even though they missed their Mommy and their little sister very much during the hospital stay, my little girls now understand what is really important and have taught me that as long as we are together, we are going to be just fine.

Lisa (@ Heaven Sent)

1 comment:

Kari Thomas said...

that was the sweetest. i loved the ending the best. the "i get to bring her home" thats when i lost it! : ) so sweet. thanks for sharing such a personal family moment.