Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lessons from my journey

When I volunteered to post on this blog, I was asked to share my learning experience as the new mom... just starting this journey. I hope to be helpful to those going alongside me and those coming behind, so today I wanted to give you an update on some things that I have learned within the last six months. Well, I could go back eight months to when I found out.

I'm learning----
  
   Medical terms,and procedures I never imagined I would know.
   Therapy techniques
    How to use a camera
   To appreciate every moment
   Patience
   Compassion
   To pray always
   New methods of doing what I once considered remedial.
   I am stronger than I ever realized
   Babies are resilient
   Babies are strong
   God is good
   Naps are amazing
   Shaving your legs everyday is a luxury
   I can do my hair in a matter of minutes
   Diapers stink
   Babies are precious
   Each moment spent together is a gift.
   I don't have any control over my schedule anymore.
   God is in control.
   A smile changes everything.
   laughter is required
   Peek- a- boo is so much fun
   Spit- up happens
   To blog
   Always carry a paci in your pocket
   Take notes
   To ask questions
   To love like I've never loved before
   

And since this is the Spina Bifida kids blog I have saved one very important thing that I have learned as the close to my post this evening.

Six months into this journey and I have learned... Together, we can do anything, and everything.






   
   

2 comments:

Mom of The Fields Fam Five said...

I love your list! We found out when Madilyn had Spina Bifida when she was born. Six years later I am still learning and adding to my own list! Your list is amazing and inspiring as well as a gentle reminder that we have so much to be grateful for!

felipe vencedor said...

oI AM Felipe live in Brazil and Myelomeningocele HAD WELL TODAY I'M IN MY OF LIMITATIONS BUT WON AND OUR MOTTO IS THE NEXT one day at a time ... ADORE YOUR VISIT MY BLOG AND leave a message ... .. bjos FELIPE DARTORA ...